Killer Diller - Clyde Edgerton
After read­ing three of his books, Edger­ton is becom­ing one of my favorite authors. He has a real sense of wit that I like and his sto­ries and char­ac­ters are real and funny. Killer Diller is just more proof.

The juvenile delin­quent from Walk­ing across Egypt has his life in order now with help from Mat­tie, the grand­mother he never had. Wes­ley has become a good Chris­t­ian, a good man. Together with other young adults, who had “a rough time” he lives in the BOTA (Back On Track Again) house. He is a gui­tar player in the “gospel band” and has fallen for a girl liv­ing nearby in the house for young obese Christians.

Every­thing seems in order until he is one of the peo­ple that is cho­sen to be a par­tic­i­pant in Project Promise, and he has to teach masonry to a spe­cial edu­ca­tion stu­dent, who, by the way, looks like a pos­sum. Then things really start to get wrong, or is it right?

Enough mate­r­ial for a funny, hon­est story. And that is exactly what Edger­ton gives us with all his tal­ents. Well done!